Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Foreign Exchange


Number One Son and his new bride just returned from a trip to China. They brought me back lots of goodies. I have a tin of white tea and a beautiful bangle. Some gifts were from the newlyweds and some were from the new in-laws my son was meeting for the first time. 


There was also a bag of tiny rose buds meant for brewing into tea. They are so beautiful I would hate to dunk them into boiling water but I am curious to see how they will taste.


I had asked for them to bring me some candy so they picked me up a pack of this mystery fruit gummy stuff.  Anyone have any idea what fruit that is?


They also brought me back this cross stitch kit.

 It makes a very pretty pillow.


 The chart is huge. Perfect for my old eyes.


They brought these lovely earrings back for the Aunties. I think I was told they were bought in The Forbidden City. How cool is that?


 There were even some Chinese ciggies for Daddio who is a smoker. He quit for 20 years or so and went back to puffing his nasty weed a few years ago. At his age we decided to let him enjoy his bad habits and now he has some exotic tobacco to keep him entertained during his smoke breaks.

I can't thank the kids enough for hauling all the goodies back for us. Now I have to think of a way to thank those new in-laws who live on the other side of the world.

 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, they brought back some very nice things. I want to stop by on my way down to see it all in person (especially the earrings). Save a rose petal for me - and a piece of candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your blog! Those fruits are called " Haw", Chinese Hawthorne fruits. It is supposed to be good for your digestions. This is another typical snacks in China. Nick loves it. http://en.beijing2008.cn/spectators/beijing/food/list/n214257989.shtml

    ReplyDelete