Monday, April 30, 2012

The Bitter End

Usually I am happy to have something come off the needles but in this case I have been dragging my feet about the whole thing. I am blocking the Kide Shawl and it means that I have made the last of the wedding shawls for all of our beautiful brides that were married this past year. No more weddings. None. It is officially all over. I am sadder than you can imagine. I loved being the Mother/Aunt of the Bride/Groom. No matter what role I was playing it was all good.


Like all the white piles of string I have worked on for the past year and a half, I am amazed at how pretty they become when blocked.

This is Knit Pick's Gloss Bare and it always turns out lovely. Before the price increases it was a steal. Now it is fairly priced for the quality.

It was hard to get a decent photo of white on a gloomy day but I'm sure you get the idea.

 The sun finally came out for a few minutes so I went out and snapped a few quick ones in between the showers.

It's very pretty. Someday I'm going to have to make something like this for myself.

1 comment: