Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Let Down



I had lots of knitting requests this year for the holidays and I pretty much let everyone down.
New Son in Law wanted a reindeer sweater.



Son wanted a Hufflepuff scarf. He even sent me ALL of the Harry Potter books to make sure I got it right.



Daughter wanted a Selbu hat to wear for her "trash the dress" photo shoot on New Year's Eve in Lake Placid.
After just coming off several HUGE gift knits for new brides, I politely ignored all the pleas while I focused on some purely useless knitting with my Advent KAL. It's hard to make people understand that some knitting is best left to the professionals. I can't make a hat, sweater or scarf that is as nice as you can buy in terms of fit and comfort. Let's face it, when you go to a store you can try on all the sizes until you get it right but I get only one chance and it's a very slim chance that I will make exactly what you have in mind. I am sure a lot of knitters will take exception with that, but from my experience making stuff people ask for is a train wreck waiting to happen. That excludes socks and lace shawls. I can make those much better than you can buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment