Thursday, June 21, 2018

Whiplash

 When I am not watching the World Cup, I am watching the news. The contrast is dizzying.



 I've donated and signed up for everything out there to be a part of the solution but I am still sad that we are where we are. None of this makes sense. I am tired of people saying this is not who we are-apparently it is.



 I was going to do a post showing all the beautiful faces of the wonderful immigrant children I have had the pleasure to work with over my years as a teacher and tell you how they found themselves in a classroom in the suburbs of Washington DC. Instead, I am exhausted by the ugly back and forth, so I'm going to show you the flowers in the pots outside my door.




 The daily thunderstorms are taking their toll but they are alive which is more than I usually expect at this time of year.



Well, hello there. The Mister brought him home a few months ago and I had forgotten all about him. A little gnome without a home. Fitting.

4 comments:

  1. It is appalling what is taking place in our country right now. Apparently for all the years that Trump lived in New York City, he never bothered to take a look at the Statue of Liberty. :-( What is even sadder .... that people still attend his rallies. They remind me of the type of folks that blindly followed Hitler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm encouraged that pressure made the fool back down and rescind his policy. Perhaps, there is a glimmer of hope that common sense and compassion are still alive in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m not watching the news. I can’t. I would rather look at your beautiful plants and stick my head in the sand.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish i could find something comforting to say. I'll just enjoy the flowers instead.

    ReplyDelete