Monday, June 4, 2018

Still Awash


Saturday it rained. Sunday it poured. All day. This is what the boardwalk and the road in front of it looked like. Yikes. What a mess. The ducks were having fun but that's about it.



Since it was yet another boring day stuck in the house I played with my watercolors making endless swatches while listening to the rain pound on the roof.



I've got some new paints to play with from M. Graham. If I watch a video and someone recommends something I buy it. I need to delete my Amazon account before I go broke.



I've got a new brush. It's a triangle brush. I had never seen one before. It's for flowers and leaves.



Speaking of brushes, I've been sketching and painting them too including the two new mop brushes that came last week.



I've also been painting my paints again. You can tell I am not inspired. I just want to go through the motions of painting so painting paint makes sense.



When it got too dark to paint I went down to the card room and started mass producing the card that will ride along with the July soap.




Cute, huh? I loved making those embossed vellum jars. As usual, I found this card tutorial on YouTube, I take no credit for it. Thank goodness there are people out there willing to do the thinking so I can just do the doing.




9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a mess! I’m so sorry you’re still having flooding issues. But...you’re filling the time well. Love all of your crafty endeavors, especially the card. It’s darling. :-). I love bumblebees.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your drawings and watercolors look lovely! And oh I love those little bees for the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the swatches!!!!!! I think you need to buy a big frame and collage them for the wall-what inspiration! The card is really cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about the flooding. We got a bit of rain, but nothing like that.

    The firefly cards are going to be adorable. You do the "doing" so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rain and more rain here as well although at this moment the sun is shining through the clouds! I love your watercolors - just looking at the colors made me very happy
    and inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're making good use of your rainy confinement time. The triangle brush is interesting and makes lovely leaves. The lightning bugs are adorable! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just saying I wouldn't mind a little rain, but not as much as you've got going on over there. I love the sketches and paintings of your water color tools! Beautiful. Your triangle brush is very cool. I can't wait to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lightening bugs. And more rain...we'd be complaining if it were dry, but this is ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a bit TOO much rain - at least you have lots of fun indoor activities to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete