Monday, June 25, 2018

Misery Loves Company

 This is what my weekend looked like.



 I find it very ironic that someone whose online presence is represented by a spider was laid up because of a spider. It seems that I walked into a spider web Saturday morning while feeding the outside kitties and didn't realize one or more of the little buggers must have hitched a ride on me for a snack.



My whole tummy area is covered in huge itchy, burny bites that I thought at first might be the start of shingles. No. They are just bites and they are driving me mad. I spent the past sleepless 48 hours watching soccer and chugging Benedryl. I'm not sure what is real and what isn't anymore to tell you the truth. I seem to go through this every summer. You would think I'd learn.


Taking a cool shower helps but I still can't use the shower in my tub so I have to hike it down to the lower level. The special caulk is STILL not here. I've ordered it from two different vendors and twice now they tell me it was lost in the mail. Really? Like Kathy B said the other day "that's hard to swallow".

8 comments:

  1. Ouch! That would freak me the heck out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deb!!! Spider bites are awful! I know you are being careful. You made need a dose of steroids to calm them down. ?? Charlottes Web and company must leave the building!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm starting to think you shouldn't live in the woods!
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a disappointing way to spend your weekend. Hope the bites heal quickly! Sounds worst than the poison oak I am dealing with. Oh, the joys of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you're down for the count-yikes to all bug bites but especially spiders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ish - hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry you are laid up with the bites. A few years ago I went to the doctor because I could not get rid of my, "poision oak," well because it was actually shingles.

    ReplyDelete