Monday, June 11, 2018

Scrubby in Action

 I made a giant mess in the kitchen yesterday trying to use up a jar of leftover applesauce. Who knew making an applesauce cake would be so hard. While I was cleaning up I remembered I had never posted about the newest finished Scrubby. I love it. It's much better than the cotton Scrubby. It scrubs better, dries quicker and comes out the wash in perfect shape. I want more.



 As for that cake. Ugh. What a mess. It wouldn't come out of the bundt pans. It broke up into pieces too many of which I ate on the spot. Now I know why I make soap. Same process. Less calories.



I am working on another Scrubby. This one will be smaller. My only criticism is that they hold a lot of water and stretch out quite a bit while you are using them so a large one is kind of awkward. I reduced this one by a third for a smaller cloth. With a freezer full of applesauce bundt pieces I won't need to be making any big messes in the near future so this little guy should work just fine.

7 comments:

  1. Nice to have a completed scrubby! Sorry for the kitchen mess-yuck! I like my dishcloths smallish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the scrubbie yarn recommendation. I love applesauce cake but haven't one one in years. Perhaps it's time to find the recipe. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! I love a bundt cake. Dang that pan! You make me laugh about the calories saved making soap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bundt cakes, but I sure do hate those pans. You can never get them fully greased and then THAT happens. But, thankfully, the cakes taste just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake looks delicious - even in pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the cake but I’m sure it tasted wonderful anyway. Those scrubbies come in handy.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you put that scrubby to good use, didn't you? How is working with that yarn?
    Your cake sounded yummy even if it didn't behave.

    ReplyDelete