Sunday, March 18, 2018

Stuffed

 I spent yesterday slaving over a hot stove preparing the St Patrick's Day feast.


That's a giant soda bread. I have no idea why I made such a big one this year. I usually make small ones now that it's just the two of us.


I sent The Mister to the store for potatoes and he came back with cupcakes.



It was a cold day. So cold The Mister built a fire in the afternoon. He never does that.



It was cold and damp outside but the kitchen was blazing. What I was looking forward to the most was my ice cold Killians. It did not disappoint.


 After all that food all I could do for the rest of the night was waddle down to the craft room and work on cards.



Of course I had The Quiet Man playing in the background. Another St. Patty's Day is in the books but where the heck is spring? I need some green.

10 comments:

  1. I just heard on the news that WE may be getting more snow this week.

    Looks like you had a VERY tasty St. Patrick's Day dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Hope he remembered the potatoes too. Coming in a little late - Happy belated St. Patricks Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely Paddy's day to me! The cozy fire makes it even more appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's green you're looking for come on down here.....I've had to mow the lawn twice already! I love the Mister's version of potatoes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a wonderful Irish celebration!
    I biked downtown with a friend and discovered that the drinking of green beer is underway by noon here. Seems a bit extreme to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's become chilly here, too. Do you have a favorite soda bread recipe to share? I know St. Paddy's day is over, but bread's good any time, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We may be getting some snow too! I am NOT excited about that at all. I looks like a great St. Patrick's celebration. Especially the cupcakes. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food looks good-glad you had a great day.
    We are having our first thunder/lightening storm so Spring is coming here! Be patient!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I think your traditions for two are perfect. And the green cupcakes...... I would have hugged him for that impulse buy. As for me, I'm so glad it is over. It was painful with my mom gone this year. I hope my dad got my well meaning card . I know he is missing her dearly too. On with spring....please. We had a great day in the 50s yesterday and did hard work that made my mind settle and my body tired. Im grateful for that.

    ReplyDelete