Friday, March 9, 2018

Fiber Fancy

 March always makes me want to play with fiber. I spin all the time on my wheels but I don't really play too much with fiber anymore. I washed this during the TdF and forgot all about it.



My fleece shed is in disarray. There are two fleeces in there but the remodeling stuff is on top of it.



 My poor spindles are not getting much action these days. I am usually spinning my MDSW shawl on one right about now. Not this year.



The problem is I really don't need anymore handspun. I have two big bins full waiting for projects.



 I've got little bins all over the house with spinning projects in different stages.



Sometimes it's just nice to grab a bin or two of abandoned projects and spin just to spin. That's just what I did yesterday. It felt great.

9 comments:

  1. Oh so many pretty fibers! Happy spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful......your choices are beautiful for spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had fun spinning yesterday. those colors are all so great!! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't spin, but I think it would be relaxing and satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for feeling Great Deb. Each time you feel great you should tell yourself you deserve the joy of spinning! I used the fleece you sent me to make some cute needle felted book marks. SOMEDAY i'll spin. For now the fleece is fun to poke around with. Pun intended

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spinning just to spin sounds wonderful....go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss spinning but there’s no way I could sit at a wheel anymore. I enjoyed seeing all of your projects. I can almost feel the fleece in my hands. Spinning just to spin sounds wonderful to me. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had a spinning wheel refurbished, but I couldn't get the hang of it; it made me think of rubbing my stomach and patting my head. So, I am so impressed that you can spin. You are one crafty soul. Sorry I've not visited your blog lately; it's been busy here or something......

    ReplyDelete