Well, there it is. The block that took me a week and four tries to make. I learned a lot from this little thing. I hope it sticks. This btw is a photo of try #3. As soon as I took the photo I ripped out the top triangles and lined them up better. Sigh...
Here is the mug shot I was looking forward to. There are actually thirteen blocks in a row. I have one more to do but that wouldn't haven been a nice photo so that block will have to wait until I get an even number again.
One thing that really helped is that I picked up one of these itty bitty irons. It really makes a difference when working with tiny things. I just have to remember not to touch that long rod thing. It's hot. Really hot. Don't ask me how I know this.
I was so happy with my victory that I started working on this month's mini quilt. In comparison, this is going to be a piece of cake.
I also got another one of Daddio's quilt's sandwiched. This one was a real mess and that fabulous fusible binding sorted all those puckers right out. I love that stuff. It's going on the Juki as soon as I decide how to quilt it.
I also finished hand quilting the last of the blocks on his Dresden quilt.
Now I just have the sashing and the border to do. I am going to bite the bullet and keep on hand quilting it on the hoop. I find it very relaxing and goodness knows I have plenty of quilting stencils to use. I might as well use them.