You know that warp I have been working on for weeks now? Well, it didn't go so well.
Weavers will notice that the warp is not going through the lease sticks-it is sitting ON the lease sticks. Not. Good. Those sticks hold all 300 plus threads in place so they can be threaded through the heddles in the right order.
Some how when I was moving it to the loom I neglected to get the lease sticks in the right place. I had even tied all four of the cross legs where the sticks go separately before I took it off the warping pegs so I wouldn't lose them but I untied them before I noticed I had misplaced the sticks. Jeesh. Since all the colors are in small bunches and still nicely lined up, I thought I might try to save it.
I numbered up some clothespins and then I worked from the back pulling off one thread at a time and sending it through to get threaded. Then I moved to the front to thread it. If my butt had a fitbit on it I would have been racking up major points.
It was slow and tedious but I deserved the punishment for being such a nincompoop. I know how important the cross is and I should have checked it before I started untying the thing. I won't be doing that again. I hope.
It took me a week of the ups and downs to get it fixed and even then I wasn't sure if it would work.
So far, so good but I am still holding my breath. There's still a long way to go to make a towel.