Ta dah.....my 2017 MDSW shawl is finished! Not without drama. I couldn't get the bind off stretchy enough even after You Tubing it. I slept on the idea of it and then said the heck with it in the morning and just went on with finishing it.
After a good soak.....
...it got stretched out in all its glory. It was huge and I didn't even come close to following the pattern as to size.
I liked the way the green striped sideways. It makes the plain garter parts much more interesting.
It was an easy blocking job but I was still careful knowing my poor splicing job was in there somewhere ready to come apart at any moment. It just has to hold for one day and then it will get tossed in the bin with all the other festival shawls. I've got quite a pile.
Here's the official mugshot. It's Hap for Harriet by Kate Davies and I am already sad not to have it to work on.