Friday, March 14, 2014

Unexpected Appreciation

 Once upon a time (2010) I bought some Knit Picks Bare Roving and dyed it.


I loved how the colors turned out but the resulting yarn was stiff and scratchy.


I used it for a rather hopeless pattern. It was some kind of vest like thing, knit in one piece that I kept screwing up.


I managed to finish the darn thing but I hated it. I never wore it until........



...this winter. I actually wore it to death-like everyday. It was cold, really cold. Not-like-Maryland cold and that stiff scratchy thing was what kept the chills out. It was like a shawl with armholes. I love it. I am getting ready to pack it away with care thinking that I really could use something else like this (in black) just in case we ever get another winter like this one. God forbid.











3 comments:

  1. Haha ! So glad you wore it to death. It reminds me of a childs Pattern on Ravelry called Pickles. I"ve always wanted an adult version!! Thanks and I love one piece things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I enjoyed that step by step story. I'm glad it worked out for you in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful handspun. The colors are lovely and warm. I'm glad the vest was a hit this winter.

    ReplyDelete