Monday, March 10, 2014

A Victory of Sorts


Yesterday I could look out my kitchen window and see newly spun yarn drying in the sun. It felt good.


It felt particularly good because it was that fiber I had been carrying around all week that needed to become a shawl in a month.

I managed to collect this amount of singles so I dedicated pretty much the whole day yesterday to getting it plied.

It is a long, tedious process. After listening to all NPR had to offer, I had to start a new audiobook to keep me going.


What I thought was a puny bit of singles turned out to be an enormous amount of yarn. I ran out of room on the bobbin.


I had this much leftover and I put it away for just in case.



Now the countdown begins for the shawl. I foresee some long nights ahead.

5 comments:

  1. Great job! You made this very quickly on the spindle! Time to cast on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous yarn for your shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete