Monday, October 14, 2013

Nora

 This is Nora. She is a Shetland and she came from the 2013 Shenandoah Valley Fiber Fest. I have never had the pleasure of washing a Shetland before so I was very happy to get to it.

 The first thing I did was to pick out all the recognizable locks.

 There weren't too many but I wanted to wash them by hand and spin them on a drop spindle for some laceweight. A clean one is on the right. Big difference.

 I took a small bit of the tangled stuff and popped into bags for a good wash.

 Most of it washed up well.

 There are places that are going to have to be looked after before carding-or combing. I am not sure at the moment what the recommended method is. I'll have to look it up.

Most of it washed up like little white clouds. I have a good feeling about this fleece.

3 comments:

  1. Nice! That did wash up well. So white and fluffy. That will be beautiful laceweight! Looks a little to much like snow though and I'm trying real hard not to think about snow. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shetland rocks!!!! (Not that I'm biased, or anything.....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still just amazed at your fleece to garment path!!!

    ReplyDelete