Sunday, July 7, 2013

July Daddio Update


Slowly but surely Daddio is getting back to normal. His eyes got the all clear from the Doc and he finally has his new glasses.


We've got a lot to catch up on.


To celebrate his return to sewing, he bought a new potholder kit and a matching table runner that he saw in the new Connecting Threads catalog.


Before we got started on the new things, I shamed myself into helping him finish the quilt that has been on the design wall for what seems like forever. I just couldn't figure out how to put this thing together.


After looking at the directions, I realized we had been making it too hard. It was supposed to be random.


Things really started moving along once I remembered to square up the pieces before we tried joining them. Let's just say we got a lot of practice with a seam ripper until I figured this out.


We also have plans to finish this pillow cover. Even if we just add 2 yo-yos a day.


We may even finish off this taffy that's been sitting on the sewing table for over a year. It's good that things are getting back to normal.




4 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad things are getting back to normal with you Dad! Looks like you guys have a lot of catching up to do but I'm not sure it's such a good idea to eat year old taffy though. :-O

    ReplyDelete
  2. The random quilt is going to be very cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the suffolk puffs and the hexies. That quilt top is going to go together beautifully too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for daddy 's eyes. Your quilting is amazing. I cant wait to see the hexipuff pillow. They are so charming!

    ReplyDelete