Monday, August 13, 2012

My Trouble With Romney

I can just see the face of anyone that Googles "Romney" and gets sent here. Tee, hee. Seriously though, Romney was giving me fits. Look at that stuff. It is like dryer lint.

I took my problem over to the Yarnspinner's Tales Group on Ravelry and within hours, I had an answer. If you haven't checked out her excellent spinning podcast, you can find a link here on her blog. It seems that the combs and the teeth on my carder were too wide. The simple solution would be to use my mini combs.

All this stuff needed was a single pass through the Louets and it was ready to be pulled off into roving. I had been working way too hard.

Now I have cute little nests that spin up quickly and with little effort.

No more dragging out the carder and all its implements of fiber torture. I just keep the bag of fiber by the wheel and comb as I go.


 So far I have managed to spin one skein and it seems to be working out fine.

 In fact, I was just finishing plying it when the men's basketball team won their gold. It was a good way to end the Olympic games. Now what am I going to do all day? It's a good thing it is only 18 months until Sochi 2014. I can't wait!

1 comment: