Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Water, Water Everywhere...



I was prepared to post about how miserable it was without water today. Isabelle left us without power for an entire week and we were resigned to it but thanks to the wonderful BG&E electric crews it wasn't necessary. I still want to share a photo of what was to serve as our water supply. At least this came from the spigot before the storm. After Isabelle, I had to haul water out of the creek.



I didn't knit a stitch today. I cleaned house all day. The place looked like a hurricane hit it. There were as many leaves inside as out. Number Two Son showed up here for a visit this afternoon and he cooked a much appreciated dinner of roasted veggies over couscous. The night of the storm I ate a bag of strawberry Twizzlers while sitting in a dark closet waiting to meet my maker. Last night we ate Papa John's pizza in the dark so a real meal was very welcome. The best part is that I have water to wash all the dishes in. Water is such a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment