Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Post Not For the Faint Hearted



You've seen this shawl in progress before. I've been working on it since last summer. Look carefully at what the needle is pointing at. What do you see? Nothing out of the ordinary, you say?



I was counting my pattern repeats and noticed a little oddity on the edging and looked closer to see a part of a leafy thing that was in the wrong place.



The problem was that the boo boo was really far back. Months worth of work back. I thought long and hard about what to do. It is barely noticeable. No one would ever see it. Right?



Wrong. I knew it was there and it would surely drive me mad every time I picked it up. I went ahead and frogged it this far back while I promising myself to put on 1 repeat a day to make up for this catastrophe. At that rate I should be done by next summer-maybe.

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you! It probably would have bothered me too, even if no one else would notice it. It is a lovely scarf - Good luck with your goal!one reapeat a day? You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    Nothing beats a major defeat to renew your interest in a project. I am already past where I was and in less than a week I should be ready to start the edging.

    ReplyDelete