Thursday, July 28, 2011

Not too Hot to Dye



Just when I figured out something useful for all this heat, it goes and cools down. It was hot enough yesterday for the sun to have turned those Corriedale locks wicked purple. The water was clear this morning so I took them out and gave them a rinse and no dye ran out. So far, so good.



I only had one jar, so I went to Walmart and bought a 12 pack of quart canning jars for around $6 and mixed up a few more colors for some freshly washed locks.



I put them out of harm's way and hopefully in a place to catch some extra rays. I may have to wait a little longer for these to "cook" as the heat won't be returning in full force until Friday. In the meantime, I'll be washing and mixing more colors in order to take advantage of the record breaking heat on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment