Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Red Wrap is Done!

Obligatory mug shot:












I am sad to say that my slaving over the loom all summer was pretty much for naught. It is too small. It is itchy. It is horribly wonky. The only good thing I can say about this project is that it is done. I need to step away from the loom for a while and get a grip. My ability is not in the same place as my ambition and that is the sure path to disappointment.











Back to little things, chunky things, things that I understand. Maybe next summer I will be ready for another try at something so ridiculously ambitious. I do have a cone of teal soy silk that is gorgeous. But it has to wait until I figure out how to control the tension better so that I don't end up with another brightly colored fishing net.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you live in a rainforest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I do. I swear it sounds like there are monkeys in the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!! Mamma Mia... here I go again.

    ReplyDelete