Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dyeing for Some Fun


As summer makes its exit I am starting to set aside supplies for the winter. Not imagining I want to spend hours on the deck combing and carding dirty wool in the cold of winter, I am washing and dyeing the remainder of that box of filthy fleece I have left from my Tour de Fleece adventure. The fiber people at Etsy certainly have nothing to fear from me. I won't be quitting my day job to start a dyeing operation. I have no eye for color whatsoever. I gave up trying to make the colors I wanted and just took what a got in order to stop wasting my dye. Next Easter I am hoarding those tablets. The only time I ever get colors I like are from leftover egg dye.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting..egg dye tablets. I always see those on sale in big amounts in a grocery cart way after Easter,dirt cheap. Are they colorfast in the wash....?

    ReplyDelete