Thursday, August 13, 2009

Just When You Think You Know It All....











....along comes a project like this. These are a pair of Thermal Socks from the KP design team and they are very close to ending up in the frog pond. The original pattern is toe up but I hate toe up so I have changed them around and am going cuff down. But that is not the problem. It is the blankety blank thermal stitch that has you purling in the back of 2 stitches backwards. That means putting in the needle from the left. From behind. It's hard. I don't know if I want to knit something hard. I can do lace. I can do Fair Ilse. I can do garter stitch with my eyes closed, but this is really hard. All that twisting of the needle and struggling to keep both stitches on when you can't see what you are doing. I have a dilemma. Tough it out or give it up?

2 comments:

  1. don't be a baby. You'll brring shame to your whole family if you quit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez.....I started them over. Make u happy?

    ReplyDelete