Friday, August 7, 2009

The Big Scare













My poor Little Sister had one of those weeks last week that can turn your hair snow white. At our ages, doctor visits are the stuff nightmares are made of. A simple blood test can lead to a death sentence in the blink of an eye. Whew. If there is one thing that I have learned this summer it is that you can't take anything or anyone for granted. My response to stress is always to pick up the needles so, Auntie S, here is the way I am dealing with all this worry. This is your almost finished Prayer Shawl (just in case of....well, you know...whatever).
Now Prayer Shawls may be ugly but they are adult security blankets-trust me, I know. I also know you want a shawl with pockets for reading and I am working on it but in the meantime this one will have to do. Just don't hold your breath. I have been trying to knit with my fingers crossed so it's been rather slow going.

1 comment: