Saturday, March 14, 2009

Completely Batty










Just when I thought I had wasted an entire beautiful spring-like weekend washing and picking all that dirty raw fleece along came two of the cutest little batts I have ever seen. The Jacob fleece was such a dirty, knotty mess that I could not have hoped for a better result. Due to my impatience they are on the skimpy side and they are still a bit lumpy but for my first try on the new drum carder these are not too shabby.











I spun up a bit on my drop spindle and it looked like some nice rustic sock yarn so onto the needles it went as another spin as I go project. I don't really need another pair of funky handspun socks but since this stuff is on the scratchy side it's either socks or another feral cat bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment