Tuesday, September 22, 2026

TNT: We Made It

 

Ouf. The terrible summer is over. The temperatures have dropped but the humidity seems to have headed back up so it's not very comfortable to be out just yet. To avoid the worst of it, we are still walking Pup in the morning so my afternoons have been for stitching during these long, miserable months. I wish I had more to show on the Crafty Sampler this week but I'm outlining and I'm ripping out as much as I stitch. I did get one corner done. I'll tackle the other bottom corner this week.



I finished the bottom third of the needlepoint project. I'm never sure what to call it. I think it has a name. I'll have to check. 
Edited to say: I did check. It's called Patterns on Blue which is unexpected since all the backgrounds are not blue. 



Dear Jane is still giving me fits but I did get all the stuck papers out. I'm on the LAST big block of the Patchwork of the Crosses quilt but I still have the border and a lot of the smaller crosses to stitch. 




We celebrated the last day of summer by checking something off The Mister's bucket list. He's been dying to try the food at a new sandwich/ice cream shop near the boardwalk that opened up a few months ago. Pup and I shared some French fries while he had a double hamburger that he declared very good. Yes, those are napkins stuffed in his shorts so the bay breeze doesn't take them away. I've never seen anyone so fixated on always having a pile of napkins around. I pick them up from all over the house. 




I wanted to show my plant loving blog friends what the flower beds on the boardwalk look like right now. For the past two years they've filled them with sweet potato vines and it's pretty spectacular. I miss the color of the flowers but you have to admit it's wild to see a good half a mile of this stuff creeping out in every direction. 








No comments:

Post a Comment