skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A Cool Breeze
We have to get down to the Farmer's Market at the beach when it opens at exactly 8:00 so The Mister can stock up on his oatmeal whoopie pies from the Amish stand. He's in a competition with another elderly gentleman to see who can get there first and clean the place out. It's hilarious. Pup and I go along, make our selections and then go sit under a shade tree while The Mister stands in the lines to pay. I didn't need to sit under a tree yesterday because believe it or not.....there was finally a cool breeze.
Exhibit A. Watching this guy try to control that sail was very entertaining. He was getting blown all over the water. That breeze plus the cloud cover made for a decent morning to be out and about. It wasn't quite window opening weather but it was a marked improvement.
The good thing about being at the Farmer's Market when they open is that I don't have to fight the crowds to get some photos. The gourd bin was very pretty but I never know what to do with them so I never buy them.
It's apple season so I brought home a small basket of them.
The multi-colored mums are back. I'm always tempted but know I would have a pot of dried sticks before fall even got here. It doesn't show up here anymore until Halloween or later.
It was a good year for corn. I've been making chowder at least once a week all summer.
Along with the corn and the apples, I bought another beautiful cauliflower that I roasted with garlic and a single zucchini and red pepper that became a dinner frittata. By afternoon the muggy, buggy weather had returned but it was good to get a glimpse of what's to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment