Friday, November 16, 2018

Vintersaga

 Vintersaga is what Ikea is calling their Christmas cookies this year. The Mister brought me home two tins from a trip he took up there on Tuesday.



 I've already opened them. I couldn't resist. Yesterday was a Christmas cookie kind of day.



Hoover was screaming to go out at 6 am and when I got up to drop kick his furry cat butt out of the front door I found this. Snow. We weren't expecting snow.



 We got a nice little dusting and then.....



 ...by noon it was all rain. I hate when that happens.



I got over my disappointment by gluing snowflakes on lotion bars and adding some sparkle to them with my glittery Nuvo drops.



It was also a good day for soup and bread. I sent The Mister down to the store for ingredients but had forgotten my crock-pot was broken. I Googled the problem and discovered that you can put the soup in the oven on 250 instead. It turned out great. You learn something new everyday.
Happy November snow day y'all.






10 comments:

  1. We had our first snow two days ago. I wish i had spme cookies around to cheer me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lotion bar containers are beautiful. And that soup and bread look absolutely delicious. There’s nothing like hot soup and warm bread on a dreary, cold and wet day. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow here as well - three inches fell and is still here this morning but not for long- warmer temperatures today! We had soup and bread last night for dinner - such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear - those cookies look so good to me! Soup and bread - love that for dinner on a wintry night!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a soup day too .... beef barley for us.

    We got quite a bit MORE snow than predicted, but with warmer temps, I'm guessing it won't stick around long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homemade soup and bread - my idea of perfect comfort foods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, soup and fresh bread--utter perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We got about four inches of snow yesterday and the roads were utter chaos. I stayed home. Now it's all melty and sloppy.
    That bread and soup looks delicious! Now I want to go bake something!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tip on the soup in the oven. What a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crockpots and I don't get along so I've been doing the oven thing for a while - in cast iron.

    ReplyDelete