Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Back to Work

 All that brush isn't going to clear itself up so The Mister and I went out and gave it a few hours yesterday.



It's nice and cold out. Perfect for covering up. This side of the yard never had any poison ivy but I wasn't taking any chances.



 Pup just got a hair cut so she had to cover up too. I spent $240 on her at the vet's last week because of a rash she had on her tummy that all my over the counter meds wouldn't touch. She gets itchy every fall. I think it's the leaves.



She's a big fan of the trees that are laying down. We've got plenty of them for her to walk on. We just have to be careful that she doesn't walk over the creek to the other side. There are some big mean dogs up on the hill.


It was the same old, same old. Pulling and dragging. We made a dent but we still have so much more to do. Sigh.


I gave up after a couple of hours but The Mister kept going. He got in his last leaf pickup for a while. I like the leaves on the ground for Thanksgiving. He thinks I'm crazy but it doesn't look right to have a green yard on Turkey Day, right? Fall doesn't last long around here. I want to enjoy it.

9 comments:

  1. That looks like so much work. We rarely have leaves for Thanksgiving...usually we have snow. I’m glad you’re taking no chances with the poison ivy. What a mess that was for you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall doesn't last very long here, either. Certain things should happen for Thanksgiving like colorful leaves and no 75 degree weather! (At least not where I am, please and thank you!) Good job covering up against the dreaded poison ivy! And Pup!! So very adorable!



































    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a TON of work. Cute pup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pup looks so cute in her sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bit by bit, you'll get the felled trees cleared. Cooler weather makes the job more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dog is just too adorable. oh those vet bills. Vets are under appreciated I think. You and your pup share the trouble with rashes and reactivity. SORRY!!!! Our leaves are up. I want to get the white Holiday lights into the trees if it ever warms up again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pup is adorable! I have enjoyed the leaves on the street when I walk. I am like a kid kicking my feet thru them. Today it is raining so the leaves just look yucky. Cleanup looks like it could be a long term project. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to do yard work if the weather is right!
    Glad you covered all up!!!!
    It will be off your mind when it is all cleaned up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're watching out for the poison ivy! Your photos made me tired just looking at them. What a huge amount of work! Your dog is adorable.

    ReplyDelete