Friday, September 22, 2017

Home Improvement

After spending all that time kitty sitting and doggy sitting at my kid's gorgeous houses I came home very dissatisfied with the state of my living arrangements. My bathroom in particular. See that hole? That is where my medicine cabinet used to be. I came home on Sunday and ripped it off the wall along with everything else I could remove without The Mister's help.


I gutted the place so well that we have no choice but to do some much needed updating. We redid all the bathrooms 25 years ago and The Mister thinks one redo should last a lifetime. Nuh, uh. I did my homework and sent him into Lowe's with a list and my debit card. I waited outside in the shade with the doggies as usual.



 It didn't take long to come home with a truck load. I've got a new tub, toilet and floor and wall tile piled in. I gave myself a $1500 budget and so far, so good. I buy the stuff and The Mister buys all the building supplies and tools. That way we both have fun.



It did take quite an effort to get it all up the stairs and into the house. Tomorrow we hit Ikea for the vanity, mirror and new sink. Woo hoo! I am getting that Ikea bathroom I've always wanted. Now let's talk about that kitchen.......oh, yeah and happy fall. It's hot as hell here so I'm not in the fall mood at the moment but for all of you that are...yay fall!




10 comments:

  1. Ooh, lucky you! A new bathroom. I can't believe you just ripped it out like that. :-). I would never be that spontaneous. I kind of envy that about you my friend. I can't wait to see the finished project.
    Blessings,
    Betys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, nothing like a reno for lifting a woman's spirits!!! Very excited for you. So that is the secret to motivating your man-knock out the wall and pay for supplies; I'm keeping the plan in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need bathroom renovations too. Lucky you. Can't wait to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh ...........I admire your confidence. I'd never be able to do that.

    Can't wait to see the results. Happy renovating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds fun....and scary....at the same time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New bathroom! Exciting! Can't wait to see it. Gotta love a trip to IKEA!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you are too funny. Fireman one night started on a wall in the old house because then there would be no going back. and there wasnt' SO GOOD FOR YOU

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! DH is good with comouters, renos not so much. Can't wait to see the final project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow! Be sure to post photos when you finish!

    ReplyDelete