Friday, June 23, 2017

Itching to Stitch

 Right before all the stuff hit the fan around here I was on a roll with my stitching. I had started my new sheep sampler but hated how tiny the stitches were.



Just as I was photographing my false start, the Fedex guy came to the door with the fabric I hope will make this a better project. 14 I can do. 18 not so much anymore.



 I also had just organized all my kits into their very own craft boxes that I picked up at Michael's.



 Due to life being interrupted, I am only working a bit on this one because it's the one I can see best in the dark and I am only finding stitching time in the wee hours.




I did find the time to add a stitch or two to Mom's sampler before everything went topsy turvy. I am really anxious to get going on this one. I have to keep reminding myself it will all still be here when life settles down. In the meantime I just need to keep calm and carry on. Things are starting to right themselves.



10 comments:

  1. I don't know how you keep everything straight. :-). Beautiful stitching. I've resorted to 14 count for most everything too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pieces are so pretty! Glad things are beginning to right themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the 18 stitch fabric-ouch!
    The samplers are all so pretty-you have some very pleasant stitching hours ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm sure you'll like the 14 much better. I never liked the look of my stitches on 18 count. They always look lumpier than the 14.

    Hope things continue to settle down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to you for organizing your stitching projects! I think you may have inspired me to get going on doing that myself! Hopes for things to become more "right" everyday and for you to feel some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find 16 count to be a great compromise berween 14 and 18. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always amazed at how much you accomplish no matter what you have going on around you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea 14 vs 18 but dee s comment made sense! m
    No matter i am so happy lifes righting itslef for you. Its high time

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are amazing even getting a stitch in considering the mess that was made in your house. Hope things are drying up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're making me nostalgic for my cross stitching... but I've got to focus on fair projects!

    ReplyDelete