Thursday, March 23, 2017

No Excuses

 The Ladybug no longer has a project on it so I had to go looking for something in the stash. This will work.



 Here is the mangled mess that I just finished spinning. Honestly, I couldn't have made worse yarn if I tried.



 I know I have made decent yarn in the past so this particular project has me scratching my head. What on earth did I do? It's uneven. It's underspun and overspun-all in the same skein. What a mess.




 I said no excuses but Ladybug is the wheel that sits in front of the TV. Maybe I ought to move it. I tend to not look at my hands when there is something good on. The Young Pope, The Missing and Big Little Lies were getting all my attention during this project. It shows.



I just had to go cast something on with the unholy mess just to make myself feel better. I don't. These are some colorwork mitts and I had to rip them out three times. A fourth time is just on the horizon. Latvian braids are hard especially with this uneven, splitty handspun. Ugh. It hasn't been my day, fiber wise.

8 comments:

  1. They sure do look pretty from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it looks a whole lot better than anything I have ever spun. Hence the reason I no longer have a wheel. :-) I just couldn't find anybody that I could sit with, one on one, to teach me what I was doing wrong, so I finally gave up. I think your yarn looks great.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the color combination in mittens. Maybe they will work out?...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too hard on yourself! The yarn is pretty and the mitts are fine! (try moving up a whorl on your plying-it will help even the most distracted plyer!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb you are hard on yourself. SPinning is tough. I watch Amy Beth Fat squirrel and she talks about her spinning. Sometimes her yarns end up kind of sticking to one another in the skein. I appreciate how hard the process is. Those unspun fibers are just so tempting. I can only knit , so I'm in awe friend. In awe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks pretty good from here. I bet you are being way too hard on yourself. I made your lip balm and posted about it today. It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. TV can be distracting. I've been sticking to the spinning room while spinning this lace weight I'm working on at the momennt. No TV for me until I'm finished.

    ReplyDelete