Monday, March 27, 2017

Another Swan Song


  Since Districts is next weekend we had a full dress rehearsal at the rink last night.



 It was also picture day.



 This is it for me. My last rehearsal. I am retiring my services at the end of this season. This year did me in but good. Three teams was two too many. It has all grown way beyond my old lady capabilities.



Happily, I've got a well trained crew of parents ready to take over so I can leave knowing it will all be in good hands. I am getting good at this retiring stuff.

8 comments:

  1. You've had a good long run and made beautiful projects for them. But, if it is no longer fun, it is time to let it go, let it go, let it go.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to realize when it's time. They will miss you, but hopefully someone will step up and Try to fill your shoes/skates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done the work of a whole crew just yourself! Good decision.
    Now you can be the support person from the cheering section!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and me....finding a new way to enjoy volunteering. Im so proud of you Deb and your long line of costumes props and joy with the events. GOOD FOR YOU

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you turning over the reins, you have outdone yourself. Congrats on retiring from all the production projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done great work and deserve to pass the torch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful job you've done! Good for you. Now you'll have time for all your other fun projects.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm blown away that you have been able to do all you do for the teams as it is! It says a lot to rise to the challenge of helping out and doing that kind of work, but it even says more to hand it off to other capable hands. Enjoy the art and sport from another perspective now!

    ReplyDelete