Monday, September 19, 2016

Something Done


Those epic double yarn socks are done. Thank goodness. Knitting with two stands at a small gauge is hard on the hands.



I was inspired by the Harry's Hundred project and wanted to do my share so I planned to make a bunch of these monsters and send them off to Wool Aid by the end of the year but that just didn't happen. I do have a couple of pairs of regular weight socks to send off to the Children of Pine Ridge Group.




New in the travel bag is this plain vanilla sock. These will probably also be donated. I drag this bag to the nursing home when I visit Daddio and I sit and knit while he does whatever it is he does these days. It's almost like old times.

Thanks to everyone who signed up for the fall giveaway over on Ravelry.  I am happy to say it was a pretty big turnout. As soon as we are out of this blasted heat wave (really, enough is enough) I'll start mailing the boxes out while keeping a close eye on the weather in your neck of the woods. I don't want to send anyone a box of goo. The USPS wouldn't be too happy about it either.

11 comments:

  1. I would not be able to finish such thick socks. I am knitting with Berroco Suede. Had to stop ever couple of rows - fingers refuse to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE your project bag. That is ADORABLE!

    My first thought on seeing you finished socks was CHILI PEPPERS! Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it finished ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see socks on your needles-one that is fun to knit, too! Why not let us pay for the shipping at least?! My donation is on its way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those socks are lovely, and they look pretty cozy too! I'll add them to the totals for the project - thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well those will be toasty warm socks for sure.....and speaking of warm...how about this weather? This is the first time in my entire life that it's been in the 90's in September. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not complaining.....yet. I'm still all about warm not cold. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both socks look great. Can't imagine knitting with two strands on tiny needles though...that would kill me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the socks but can imagine how hard it is on your hands. How nice to donate to Pine Ridge. They are one of the groups I send things to also. You are so generous to give your goodies away like you do. Thank you in advance from ALL of us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are incredible to finish a pair of socks while you are painting rooms and cleaning out.
    I want to thank you for writing about finding the sugar skull bag at Marshalls. I had a very successful shop there finding items for both my daughters' and sisters' birthdays.
    You are an inspiration to work on my own decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the socks. I am heading over to Ravelry now....

    ReplyDelete