Since this was the summer of getting out old projects and finishing them, I decided to tackle that horrific crocheted afghan that has been decorating my living room for years.
On a regular basis the cats take out a ball or two and throw it around the living room for the fun of it.
I was really enjoying this project until I had my gall bladder out. It seems I decided to work on it while I was hopped up on pain killers. As a result I ended up with those ugly red and yellow hexies. They were not in the master plan which was for something a little more understated.
Aside from the hideous color scheme, I am enjoying working on it again because instead of making and joining one boring hexie at a time, I am making piles of them up until the joining row so the whole thing seems to be going faster. There is still a long way to go but now at least I can see an end in sight. Thank goodness because I am really getting tired of dusting this thing.