Along with the sad neglected sweater, I found another bag full of fun stuffed in the top of the closet.
I was slightly over ambitious when I thought I could pull off this mosaic knit afghan a few summer's ago.
A few years ago I saw a finished one on Ravelry and thought-why not? I found the book, a smelly old text off Amazon and got to work using my late Aunt's stash of vintage Red Heart that I had inherited. That's the finished version on the cover. If you want to be awed look at this one on Ravelry.
It's not a tricky technique so it all came back to me rather easily. I did a few rows and then took a good look at what I had been doing.
I hated it. That dark green and burnt orange had to go. I wanted an authentic color scheme but it wasn't happening with the colors I had to work with so it got good and frogged.
I went digging in Auntie's stash bin and came up with a better choice for the dark green. Much better.
I could have sat there all night doing this-it's that fun and easy a technique although it is a bit like knitting a sweater on an octopus. All the sides are live stitches that are on cables and they dangle about. Now I know where all the cables went for my set of circulars. I doubt I am going the full distance on this baby but I bet it won't be long before I am shopping for even longer cables.