Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Waste Not Want Not



First let me say that I am NOT some miracle of nature. Those of you who know me, know that today I am in the hospital getting my gallbladder yanked out. The projects you will see this week were all posted in advance. The only thing I will be doing this week is laying on the couch watching everything in my Netflix Instant Queue. I may disappear later in the week as my posts run out, but as soon as I can I will be back with lots of big messes to share.

Last week, in anticipation of cooler weather and my recuperation time, I went ahead and made a GIANT mess on the deck washing all of the rejected unwashed wool I had stashed away for who knows what reason. I didn't give it a real washing- just a dunk in boiled water to kill whatever may be living in it. I also wanted to keep as much of the grease in it as possible to add to its insulating properties.



We have a small colony of feral kitties that have little winter huts to shelter in. Normally we fill them with straw but I had the idea of lining the inner boxes with nice, warm wool this year. What I didn't check was the weather report before I got started and didn't realize we were heading for a week long monsoon. All that smelly wool is still in the house where it is doing its best to NOT dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment