Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Tale of Two Yarns



I have calmed down considerably since I nearly had a breakdown a few days ago over my inability to knit with gossamer weight yarn. On the left is the offending material, on the right is the lace weight yarn that I knit with all the time.



There is a pretty big difference in the two.



Try as I might, I could not wrap my fingers around this thread masquerading as yarn.



Since admitting defeat, I have managed to make good progress on the pattern. One day it will be a Print O' the Wave stole designed by Eunny Jang and the pattern can be found free here.
I have not given up on the $30 ball of lovely gossamer. I am just going to play with it for a while to see if I can teach my fingers how to deal with it. It will be a shawl someday, just not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment