Wednesday, June 30, 2010
On My Toes
I know I have already posted these photos of my latest sock blank dyeing disaster, but it is necessary to show once again how things went so wrong. First, I dyed half of the blank in a dark concentration of dye. Then, totally taking leave of my senses, I added water to the dye pot diluting the color and then dipped in the other half of the blank.
I thought I was being clever by adding some dark stripes on the light part.
Things were going along pretty well until I got down to the toes. I knew that I had dyed the end of the blank too dark but just how dark was the question.
I am very happy this part of the sock is usually hidden in the shoes because this is just awful.