Friday, June 20, 2008

An Old Dog

I learned a new trick. At 3 o'clock in the morning I finally figured out how to use one long circ to knit two...whatchamacallits at the same time. They are supposed to be two socks but I could not even imagine trying to figure out increasing at the same time that I was tangled up in those needles. With books and pamphlets spread all over my bed I began at about midnight to unravel the mystery of the Magic Loop. After an hour in I had to remove all the directions and use the knitting "force" to try to figure my way out of mess I was in. As with everything else in knitting once you "see" it everything falls into place and it makes perfect sense. It really helped using this thick variegated yarn, leftover from a dog sweater, to see where everything was in relation to where everything was supposed to be. Little Doggie will be getting a pair of booties that match her sweater. Won't she be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment