Saturday, June 21, 2008

Baby Steps

Transferring my knowledge of the Magic Loop from a few stitches on big needles to lots of stitches on my tiny new Harmony needles was not as easy as I hoped. It was worth all the false starts however, to be able to sit with that gorgeous Knit Picks sock blank on my lap and watch in amazement as two almost identical socks appear. The pattern that is slowly emerging on the socks is not a row for row reproduction of the pattern on the blank so it becomes totally addicting. You can't stop knitting because you just have to see what comes next. The yarn that comes off the blank is curly but instead of being a problem it has actually been a help in keeping everything relatively tangle free. It coils up on its own and stays out of the way. The problem I had on my first attempts with regular yarn was picking up and knitting the wrong strand on the wrong sock. The blank itself is unraveling nicely keeping everything tidy and under control. I have so many great projects in the works right now but this is the only one I want to work on. I am in love.

1 comment:

  1. Your socks look fantastic! The blanks are ridiculously addictive both dyeing and knitting.

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete