Thursday, August 6, 2026

Stranded

 

I know it was just a few days ago when I said I was going to weave this towel no matter what but I should have known better. Look at this mess. 



Once again I am re-threading all those heddles in hopes of getting it right this time. 



I had started weaving my last try when I noticed THREE issues that had to be dealt with but this time I think I finally figured out what I've been doing wrong. These are heddles. They are on four metal bars. They are all squished together in one corner and what I've been doing is mixing up the second and third bar. It's easy to do especially in dim light. Now I'm making visual confirmation of which bar the heddle came from before I move on to the next.



Only other weavers will understand this but I had already removed the lease sticks meaning it's a free for all in the back. I have to pick up one color at a time, put it in the order the way it comes off the back beam and then clip it with this Ikea bag clip to hold all the strands in place while I run around to the front and thread it. Whew. It's slow. It's fiddly but so far I'm not minding. It's too hot to be doing anything else and all that bending over and running around has got to be good exercise. 







8 comments:

  1. I don't weave, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but it seems like an awful lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure weaving is fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, boy! I'm glad you think you know the problem and can correct it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find weaving to be so fascinating and it looks like hard work. Hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an infinite amount of patience!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so like the word "heddle."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes! I can't believe you're willing to do another go at it. You are awesome.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always think "I would love to learn how to weave" but then I see posts like this and.....

    ReplyDelete