Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Wednesday WIPs: Premier Fruits

 

The day I discovered that my newly finished kid socks were too small for the Grand we went online yarn shopping. He wanted these. 



They don't seem like "snow" socks to me and...gasp-they are acrylic but the heart wants what the heart wants and he wants these so here they are. I have to admit they are cute. Notice there are two balls in front of one of the pair because.....knots. Ugh.



While we continue to wilt from this terrible heat, all my other wool projects are in slow motion but I do pick up the Hummingbird socks every morning. I can't think of the last time I could open a window around here or felt a cool breeze.



I'm starting to feel like Sam and Frodo on Mount Doom. I would love to open the door and not have a blast furnace in my face. 







8 comments:

  1. You may feel like you are on Mount Doom but at least you're knitting cute socks while there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely FUN yarn (too bad it's acrylic and too bad about knots). Your Grand will be happy though and that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Christmas socks. But, don't you hate having a knot in the middle of something. I always find that so irritating. Love the blue green combo. They will be pretty when finished. I've not touched my knitted for probably 2 weeks. Like you the heat. I ahve 3 afghans in the works and the last thing I want is a hot blanket on my lap. We've hit a cooler period now with lots of rain, so perhaps I'll grab one of my projects in the near furture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very fun yarn and you're right, they want what they want! Those knots! I get so irritated. Especially when it's one skein with several knots in it. What are the manufacturers thinking?
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get some relief from the heat soon. Our afternoons are still scorching, but the mornings and evenings are deliciously comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy. Knitting socks for little ones does require suspending belief sometimes. He must like watermelon.

    ReplyDelete