Friday, August 14, 2026

Friday Fluff: Catching Up

 

There hasn't been any tours to watch this week but before the Women's Tour was over on Sunday I finished spinning the rest of the fiber I had leftover from the drop spindles. 



Then I had to join and transfer what I had on another bobbin and off the drop spindles themselves. Now I've got a lot of singles to ply during the Vuelta de Espana that starts next Saturday.




I ran out of yarn for the Wonky Thermal Mitts and had to ply the singles I had on the Ashford Traditional. I'm hoping the colors will work because these singles came from a different little carded nest of Merino than the other ball I was using.




The Unicorn Barf Pi Shawl is in its never ending orange era it seems. I could use a color change right about now. It's getting a bit monotonous. 






6 comments:

  1. You certainly have been spinning and even knitting the fiber you've spun. Spinning is not a rabbit hole I wanted to fall down, but you make the most of all of your craft pursuits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing what you're spinning and plying. Such pretty colors. I love the unicorn barf shawl and the strip of darker/lighter orange.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to get serious about using all of my handspun!!! You've got some amazing projects going on with the handspun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave up on spindles. That is how I got started and it taught me a lot about spinning but oh the winding and trying to ply was challenging. Your spinning looks great.

    ReplyDelete