Thursday, August 13, 2026

Car Knitting

We were on the road again bright and early to do some Grand sitting yesterday. MIL is off on a week long quilting retreat so we filled in for a day. The new Hummingbird cast ons got a good start.



On the two hour trip up there I got the toes finished on the second pair of "snow socks" for the big Grand. I couldn't believe how much bigger his feet have gotten since I measured them. These will never fit him by the time the snows come so I'll be casting on some bigger ones in the near future.  He said he wants red socks this time. 



Baby Grand is in his Elmo Era. They've got Elmos all over the place. This one does the chicken dance.



Baby Grand also got a coloring session. The last time I tried this he colored all over the rug. This time he put all his efforts into coloring...Elmo. 



This time next week Big Grand will be in school for the first time. He starts Pre-K on Wednesday. We spent the day reading all the words on the bottom of his huge collection of Match Box cars and looking the models up online. We found a 20 year old Lamborgini that sold for $625,000. Then we had to decide where on his map/rug the cars would find themselves. Where do you put a $625,000 automobile? He put it in the parking lot of the coffee shop. Where else?







 

8 comments:

  1. It is such a joy to spend time with grandchildren, isn't it? I came home yesterday with a colored page for my refrigerator! And I measured Iris' feet yesterday - yikes she has grown!! I'lll be making her some new socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a dull moment with the Grands! I can't believe how fast big grand is growing. Keep knitting bigger socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The socks all look great. I love it when our kids and grands actually wear the things we make them. The day sounds like it was a fun one. I laughed about the coffee shop. Where else indeed?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sweetness of grands!!! I can't believe he is growing so fast! I once sat in a Lamborgini--pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter (much. MUCH older than Baby Grand) had a Chicken Elmo. I preferred the Tickle Me Elmo. but you go with your heart. I was a Grover child myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silly me---I thought the matchbook car was worth $725K! I had already left your blog when I realized what you were talking about. DOH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that you live close enough to see those Grands frequently. I envy you that. I love the idea of parking that expensive car in the coffee shop parking lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. children's feet grow far too fast - I gave up trying to knit socks for littles!

    ReplyDelete