Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Easy Way Out

 It's been all tiling, all day around here but if I get up early enough I have had a few minutes to do some piecing. I think I am really getting the hang of this and I can see why it's such a popular project. It's better than doing the same block over and over.



 Having said that, look at the next block. Yowza. It's got over 40 pieces.




 I decided to take a shortcut and get rid of all the teeny tiny half square triangles by reprinting the pattern on cardstock and making my own pieces.



Oy....it's still a lot of pieces but it's more manageable.



I think I also have a solution for those naughty leaf shaped blocks. Jane may have had the talent to piece them but I don't. After watching a bunch of tutorials I decided I am taking the easy way out. I am ironing them onto fusible webbing and them just stitching them down. At least I think I am. Time will tell.

7 comments:

  1. You are amazing! You also have a lot more energy than I have. Great idea for the quilt. Those teeny squares would drive me nuts.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks intense....like way to intense! LOL But I bet you'll pull it off. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL of those pieces would drive me nuts! But, good for you. I know it will end up being yet another beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fusible webbing for the WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have tremendous patience to work with such tiny pieces. The completed blocks are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing the Dear Jane progress!
    Yes, there is a time for fusible web applique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an intense project. Every time I see it I wonder whether I could do something like that. It will look incredible. Liana

    ReplyDelete