Sunday, February 11, 2018

Over My Head

 The February mini quilt is almost done. I can't finish it because the Juki is in use at the moment.



I am having the time of my life making loop de loops all over Daddio's quilt. I only have one more block to do and then I can re-thread it with pink for the mini quilt.



 Dear Jane is giving me fits. The third block was a real doozy. I tried three times with no luck. In my defense, this pattern should never be paper pieced in the first place. Those points and curves are just crazy.



 This was the best out of three tries. Ugh. I give up.



Mercifully the next block went together without a hitch. Now the plan is to do all the blocks and pitch the ones that don't make the grade.


The whole purpose of this project was to challenge myself not to end up with another quilt I really don't need. I've been challenged all right and I'm only four blocks in. Yikes.



I also need to thank Elizabeth for the lovely care package I received yesterday. The stitch markers are already in use-a new project, details later, the tea is brewing and as for that chocolate.....well, chocolate doesn't last long around here. Thanks for cheering up my rainy Saturday. You're the best!

9 comments:

  1. A challenge can teach us what we don't want to do also! Those blocks are turning out fine-those applique blocks have been giving women fits for a centuries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does stitching sound like so much fun when I read about it but when I try to sew anything it is a disaster? I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, such tiny, tiny pieces! Not my idea of fun, but I love your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm treats!! Daddio's quilt. Do you feel him near you when you work on it? I hope so . big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a brave one to tackle Dear Ann! Love your other two projects! Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely care package and those quilts! Oh my! You are one talented lady. Beautiful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won't lie - I had to google "Juki", now I'm "in the know".The quilts look fantastic. Your care package is wonderful - love the stitch markers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe it is time to say "buh-bye, Jane". There is too little time to work on things that don't bring you joy.

    ReplyDelete