Saturday, October 7, 2017

Caved

 I said I wouldn't do it until after the Fall KAL but I went and did it anyway.



 I bought this sweater kit from you know who ages ago and it was next in line but I've been avoiding it.



 I HATE starting new projects. I know many people think that's the best part but I hate figuring stuff out. Of course gauge did not come easy. I went through every needle I had. Grrrr.....



 I think this will do it.  It's not perfect but I have a closet full of not so perfect knits so what the heck, right?  That's the first cuff up there with a provisional cast on for some reason I don't know. I haven't read that far ahead. I know, shame on me but honestly, I am almost over this thing and it's just begun.



On a happier note: Hey Ellen....thanks for the surprise! I've got some sparkly yarn and the cutest towel ever. I didn't even send her soap this was just because she is one of the nicest people ever-and one of the funniest tweeters on the planet. Her mother/daughter/teen/baking drama on The Ellen Report is hilarious.

9 comments:

  1. I also do not like start things not in knitting for the same reason, not in stitching wasting the time on gathering floss and finding the place to start (one of the reasons I prefer kits to patterns), not in sewing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there is a lot of plan and prep with a new project but there is so much potential!!!
    This looks like a very pretty sweater and it will grow on you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big fan of beginnings either. The first few rows are never a thriller.

    The sweater in the photo is beautiful though. Keep going!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes starting a project is hard for me too. Other times the yarn jumps on the needle and off we go. NO shaming yourself on a knit project please! We dont' judge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah ....I'm not a big fan of casting on either. It's just a necessary evil in my book. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting the urge to cast on too - but I'm trying to be good and finish my cardigan front.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wanted to let you know my soap arrived (we were away dh just picked up the mail) so lovely and so kind of you thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You deserve every single treat that comes your way. I can never get gauge, why is it so hard?

    ReplyDelete
  9. My desire to cast on something new is strong, but I have goals!! This new project looks very fall to me, I'm intrigued!

    I'm so glad you like the little gifties. I'm even more pleased you think I'm funny. I get so much joy from your online presence! :) Thanks, friend!

    ReplyDelete