In the wee hours of Saturday morning I finally got all the critters settled in and found myself wide awake in front of the TV which was streaming holiday movies. Sweet. I got a lot done on my sock. I was past the heel and I was very pleased with myself until.....
...something in my brain was setting off a warning alarm in this particular area. Of course, I kept on knitting.
Then in a moment of intense horror I realized that the color patterns were off. I thought it was very clever of the dyers to make a pattern that was random. Duh. I should have known better. A quick check on Ravlery and I saw right away I had troubles. Big troubles.
Way back in the middle of that weird pattern I remembered there was a glitch, something I thought was a bad twist in the ply. It was not. Upon closer examination it is actually a knot. Arghhhhh....the yarn had been tied in the wrong place to continue the pattern. Grrrr.....I should have known better.
Rip. Rip. Rip. Now I will have to toss this part and start all over while hoping I have enough of the blankety blank yarn to get a pair of socks. Maybe next Christmas. I'm over this at the moment.
Ho, ho, ho.....not to be Debbie Downer, I'll end this tale of woe with my cute little gnome who was keeping me company during my photo shoot. I made him years ago and he guards my weaving stash. I have a kit to make another. I think he needs a girlfriend.