It rained all weekend. It rained yesterday and last night. Today we are supposed to get a break in this incredible streak of wet weather. I'm not making any bets. I did finish the edging on Daddio's tumbler quilt while I was sitting inside trying not to go stir crazy. The photos are dreary but it's the best that I could do in the dark.
First, I want to thank the two tools that made all this possible. Without the glue or the needle threader I'd still be slaving away. The glue made piecing go so much easier. I did still baste with thread but at least I didn't have to fight with the edges. As for the needle threader, I hate to admit it but I can't see well enough anymore to thread a needle light or no light. I bought a bunch of these and I'm putting one in every sewing basket.
The part I hate is the the removing of all the paper pieces. I'm always afraid that the whole thing is going to come apart even though it never does.
It still is quite a job. Daddio catches the edges of the paper every so often so you have to be careful.
There they are all ready for the trash. You could recycle them but I don't. I have tried ironing them out and using them again but it just doesn't work for me.
Ta dah....now I have to go figure out a backing. It's got to be as wild and crazy as the front so this may take a while.